One of the new additions to our Edibles range is our absolutely lovely Salt. This handy little jar contains a perfectly blended mixture of sea salt flakes, our own dried culinary lavender, marjoram, thyme, basil, savoury and parsley. Delicious!
So once you have got your hands on a little jar of our lavender loveliness what should you do with it? Have a look at some of our ideas below and then let your culinary imagination run wild!
Slow cooked lamb with glazed vegetables
This recipe can be cooked with many different cuts of lamb, but leg, shoulder and breast all work very well.
- Crush 2 cloves of garlic, a few peppercorns and a spoonful of Lavender and Herb Salt in a pestle and mortar until the garlic is pureed and you have a well-blended mixture. Rub the outside of your lamb joint with the mixture.
- Create a trivet in a large roasting tin using slices of white onion and then place your lamb on top.
- Pour a little stock and or white wine into the bottom of the tin around the lamb and then tightly cover everything with foil.
- Roast in a low oven (around 150˚C) for up to 4 hours, or until the meat is tender, soft and flavourful.
- Whilst the meat is resting, steam some seasonal vegetables and then spoon any fat from the juices that are left in the roasting tin.
- Once the vegetable are cooked, toss them in the roasting juices to glaze and then add a final sprinkling of Lavender and Herb Salt.
Surprise your guests and their taste buds with this French take on the classic pizza.
- Slowly cook sliced onions and garlic in olive oil until soft and sweet.
- Add a handful of chopped tomatoes, a pinch of sugar and 1 teaspoon of Lavender and Herb Salt and cook gently for 5-10 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in a handful of chopped black olives and some capers.
- Use this deeply flavourful mixture to top a fresh pizza base and cook in a hot oven for around 10 minutes until the crust is cooked through.
Or simply use a sprinkling of Lavender and Herb Salt to pep up any dish that takes your fancy. We’d love to hear your ideas, so please contact us and let us know your favourites.